Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Vision of Students Today

Today I put the results of a technology integration self-evaluation into a NoteShare document. I will spend much time going over the results so that I know where to begin helping my colleagues develop the 21st Century Skills of their students. As I started looking, I thought about how much has changed about teaching, information, media, and literacy since I was a kid. Kids today are an entirely different type of animal when it comes to school, information, media, and communication. Teachers who are just entering the profession may be better able to empathize with today's students. But, for the many educators who were not raised using technology, integrating technology into their teaching pedagogy is not as natural. For those of us who are not digital natives, the video embedded below can be a real eye-opener. While this is not my usual type of post (having no tool for you to use) it could be a good discussion starter with students, between teachers on a team, or during collaboration between teachers of the same content area.

No comments:

Post a Comment