Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WebList

I was doing a little surfing while watching the Celtics season opener last night. I eventually stumbled upon a neat little tool for providing students with links to web resources called Weblist. What I liked about Weblist was that sites can be arranged by topic and students see a thumbnail image of the site as well as a label for it. Students can click the thumbnail or the label to get to the site. This would be a great tool for teachers to create a weblist of only the sites they want students to use to complete a project, and because the teacher has already used and previewed them, students don't need to search for the sites or type in long urls. I created a Weblist of Writing and Vocabulary Resources that I have posted about this blog. Give it a try the next time you want students to use only certain sites in your class. There is also a short tutorial on how to create your own weblist.
Writing and Vocabulary Weblist

No comments:

Post a Comment