Monday, November 8, 2010

iCivics

iCivics, which was inspired by Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, provides users with learning activities, games, and simulations that will help them learn about our American democracy. The games and simulations are excellent and cover so much more than just the typical "Three Branches" one finds at most websites about American government. I found out about this when reading a posting that was just about one of the simulations, "Argument Wars". Once I took a look at this simulation, I just had to see what else was offered at iCivics. I was not disappointed. I found games and simulations on Citizenship & Participation, the Constitution & the Bill of Rights, Separation of Powers, as well as each of the three branches of government. This is truly a unique site that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment